Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flat Alec...













Anyone out there who is familier with Flat Stanley will know what this is all about. My eight year old grandson's school sent me a cardboard cutout, shaped like a gingerbread man, with a picture of my grandson Alecs face on it. He had written on it and made it personal to him. It arrived with instructions on what to do. I have to take it to different places and take pictures of him at the places and within three weeks send him back to Kansas. This really is fun, so Shane and I took him flying in our Cherokee 180.
I placed him on the propeller for the start of his adventure, and then took pictures in-flight. There he is in the Cockpit, giving the pilot instructions, which the pilot followed to the letter. We flew close to Philadelphia and will be taking a road trip there later in the week. Flat Alec loves to fly, and we hope that the adventure will be fun to talk about in class......we had a great time being a part of this.

2 comments:

caadsgrannie said...

tell him to send flat Alec to Phoenix and I'll give him a tour...

caadsgrannie said...

tell him to send flat alec to phoenix & I'll give him a tour... better yet you bring him :)