Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh my goodness.......

Everyday is a new beginning. I get out of bed very early in the morning, old habit of mine. I look in the mirror and say "who the heck are you, and what did you do with Mary?" Quickly I shower and apply a face from a small container. I then have another look, albeit, furtive look in the mirror, and relief fills me "oh, there you are!!!!"
As you can see, by the image I squint when looking in the mirror. You shoould try it, you have no idea how good that makes you look...well it works for me. I have been trying to upload a picture of 'before using small container face application stuff'', but the computer just will not accept it, keeps crashing, I love my computer....what do you mean you thought that was the before...BE NICE. I tried the iron, but it is just a little too hot, so the putting face under mattress to smoothe out the creases is the next wrinkle relaxer idea, well it used to work on my jeans.
Okay, now what brought this on, you may ask. I was surfing, looking for blogs that were written by fun baby-boomer era women. What I found were, too many unhappy blogs about blinking menopause, lots of wrinkle $200 per oz ads, and no where could I find the happy around fifty-something blogs, written by women with a funny view on life, and I know you are out there....come out, come out wherever you are

3 comments:

Karen Hetzer said...

Hi Mary :-) I just love this...lol. I'll be 58 this summer and can't believe it. I've always joked that, that is why our eyesight starts to go at around 40 something....its to soften the blow. Everytime I hear someone like Oprah talk about how life at 50+ is the best its ever been, I feel like there's something wrong with me, cause personally I think it sucks..and if I hear her say one more time money doesn't make a difference....I should challenge her to switch places. If you find those happy blogs, please share.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary--

LOVE your wrinkle cures. May I suggest another one? Drive around in a convertible with the top down and go really, really fast. Although your lips can flap around rather unactractively, the G-force does wonders for those lines!
I'm one of those crazy boomers who thinks life is still ours for the taking. In fact, it gets better, richer, and feistier after fifty. Our generation remains on the forefront of all things groovy and our flower power has not wilted with age. Up the revolution and up with boomers!

caadsgrannie said...

Hey Girl - you look just like you did in the "80's" ~ I wish I looked that GREAT!!!!