Thursday, February 5, 2009

To fly or not to fly...how is the weather?

Please turn warm soon. It has been cold and snowy, and although the sun has been bright and the sky blue, it has been too cold to take our, mine and Shane's plane up. She is a warm weather bird and does not like to start when it is below 35 degrees, a little like me. This is a picture of the "Viking Witch" our Cherokee 180, she is such a beauty.



What a great way to go out for a meal, such as terrific crab cakes at the Kentmorr Restaurant on the Chesapeake, landing on a grass runway and eating at the Yacht Club. I will come back with another post soon with the names of some of the places that I have had the pleasure of landing at. Okay, perhaps I am not the pilot, Shane is, and a terrific one at that, but I am an avid right seater. Here is the Kentmorr Airpark link: http://www.airnav.com/airport/3W3
If you like to do this kind of thing, and have links to other fun places to fly to, I would love to hear from you. I have included a short video of a landing at Kentmorr on one of the trips for a crabcake supper. I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

OtisAir said...

Don't forget about Penelope! She took us to fun places too, like Seven Springs Ski Resort (K7SP), http://www.airnav.com/airport/7sp

MJ said...

I know she did, I remember her well. She was our first plane and a little 2 seater. I must post a picture of her as well, and some of Seven Springs it was fun.

caadsgrannie said...

I do believe that Penelope is the one who brought OtisAir to Phoenix for a ballgame :)

caadsgrannie said...

I do think penelope was the one who brought OtisAir to Phoenix for a ballgame, way back when :)